When we talk about Investment, the first thought that comes to mind is Money, bank accounts, and being rich; i.e. buying the most expensive clothes, fashion, cars, etc... . Although, it is a fact, that money never buy a life, or even health.
My personal opinion and experience about investment has switched 180 degrees.
I used to be financially oriented, stopped myself from enjoying what life has to offer cause I felt financially unstable, although I had a full time job. I used to be a shop-aholic, spent hours at the store buying, just to buy, still have stuff with tags on that I never used and indulging my stomach and taste by trying every restaurant in the city.
Looking at our world and life in general, sickness, weakness, depression, has overtaken the majority of the population, a big percentage is Sick, i.e. Cancer, Alzheimer, M.S, Tumors, Diabetes, and the list is long. The others are too focused on their work, jobs, and making money to satisfy their thirst for it, but not even having the time to spend it happily, and not even the hour to enjoy it with their loved ones. But the train of life is passing, and some do miss it.
My switch took place almost a year ago, after a burn out from work, a 9 to 5, in a closed office, working hard to bring up new ideas and implement it in a totally closed minded company, where any creative idea takes a two year investment case to see if it can be applied. In addition, with the new rapid technology we live in, any new innovative idea in IT will die in couple of months, so imagine if it takes two years; it will rot.
Burn out and other health problem pumped the idea to let go everything and have a LIFE.
(I am NOT here to convince you to do what I did)
I took off for a small vacation, had lots of ideas on my mind, and decided to do something for ME.
Returning to our main subject, "invest in yourself, your body and soul", my definition to this statement is to make sure you take care of YOURSELF, not only the others. You are important, and you need to be with YOU.
A friend of mine quoted this:
As said, working hard to make money, drowning our body, mind, and spirit into sickness and tiredness, in a long run, might destroy our tissues, our organs, even our soul.
At least 1 person within your family (or extended) or even circle of friends got sick, and probably spent days in the hospital putting all the money they made to buy health, to be healthy and get rid of the illness.
My first advice to you:
Start investing in your body. Eating healthier today will save you hospital days, medications and illness. Listen to what your body is telling you, i.e. sometimes you might consume a meal which makes you sense strange, aches, and pain.
What to Do:
- Add more fruits and veggies in your meals, make sure they are organic, bio and specially raw.
- Have more green leafs, either in a salad or green smoothies, i.e. kale, spinach, chard, chicory, or collards.
- Add lots of sprouts in your salads and sandwiches.
- Cut down on sugar, you can consume the sugar from fruits, dried fruits, sweeteners like agave nectar, stevia, maple syrop, or honey, all organic.
- Drink water regularly, more the 2.5L per day
- Cut down the daily coffee consumption and replace it with Organic Tea
- Cut down dairy product consumption, unless you buy only bio products (without the added chemicals, hormones, and additives, etc...) Or Start making your own Almond milk, Cajou Milk, or even Sesame milk. Yummy!!
- If you want cheese, there is an easy recipe for un-cheese (raw vegan) made from cajou or macademia nuts.
- Pasta, replace it by the ones made of Quinoa & other ingredients
- Rice, substitute it with brown rice
- Bread, probably look for the gluten free.
- As for the other animal products, make sure their bio. And mostly, cut down your consumption by 75%; i.e. if you eat meat daily, cut it to 3 times per week, for the first 2 weeks, then twice, and so on.
Remember, your body, your health and your positivity will drive you in life, make sure your investment starts here.
With Harmony, Love and Positivity,
I am proud of you , you are one coll doudette, I love your spirit and clean mind, I. Ant wait for your book!....
Thank you! I am working on the book!Delete
Hoping to hear always your nice comments!